Thursday, July 3, 2008

90 years old, remember.

my grandma just called me to ask if i need spending money for my trip to mexico. which is 34 hours away now. oh yes, i'm counting the hours.

her thoughts on my upcoming trip:

"Well, we think it's just such a good thing you're doing, going down there, to help the people know the Lord better...and in such a poor place...I don't know what those people are like...do you have protection?...well, we'll say a prayer for you and the people. Are you having some kind of revival?"

i love that a trip to mexico automatically becomes a mission trip.

i'm not going on a mission trip.

i'm going on vacation.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

haha that's funny. She called me the other day before we left on our trip to Galveston and I told her we were about to leave and she is like "ohh I am so glad i caught you". I was thinking "grandma. you are calling me on my cell phone. it is going with me!" Anyway...when you get back call me. I didn't get a chance to call you before you left b/c we were on an awkward trip with Casey's family and there was nowhere I could step aside and call you back..Thanks friend!