Friday, August 14, 2009

a wizard is never late, frodo.

my mom and one of my sisters (i have about a million) flew in tonight. we're going to a wedding tomorrow in alabama.

this is the first time my mom has flown since "march of 1980."

it went fine, but she "didn't like the shaking that went on."

tomorrow they're picking me up in a fancy rental car. because mine would surely explode on such a journey. they're scheduled to arrive at my apartment at 8:45.

and i have no doubt that is exactly when they will arrive. no sooner. no later.

that's how we do it.

even when i try to be late, because that's soooooo cool, i'm 15 minutes early.

also:

i'm going to stay up and finish the first harry potter book tonight. i've got about 50 or so pages. child's play.

this quote made me smile, because it is ME:

"Hermione, however, had more on her mind than the Sorcerer's Stone. She had started drawing up study schedules and color-coding all her notes."

my favorite day in college was a day i called "syllabus day." it was the first day of class. the professor would hand out the syllabus, and i would write all my assignments from all my syllabi in my planner. sigh. i had a separate notebook and folder for each class, and of course they matched. i had a pencil pouch with all the required utencils. and some white out, and a stapler for good measure.

i used to try and surprise myself on the first day of class. i registered for my classes the previous semester, obviously. the day i registered i would write down the times of the classes, and the rooms. but not the class name. so i could show up on the first day, and be surprised about what class it was.

i like surprises.

i like to be on time. i like to be organized. i like the way pencils sound when they write. i like post-its.

but i like surprises too.

also, i don't know how i feel about unicorns having silver blood.

1 comment:

Emily H said...

Your "organization" sounds kinda like me...I wasn't so great about it in school, but holy cow am I like that now. Moving across country=spreadsheets, budgets, to-do lists, etc. It's quite comical to most people. Haha. :)