Wednesday, August 12, 2009

sigh.

yesterday was one of the worst days i've ever had at work.

it was terrible.

i have a bully. she picks on me. it actually happens. i don't want to sit here and explain the absurd situation that happened yesterday. on a blog. lame. but it was by far the worst day i've ever had with her.

gossip makes me feel defeated.

but i am not. i am not defeated. i am ransomed. i am redeemed.

Man may trouble and distress me,
'Twill but drive me to Thy breast;
Life with trials hard may press me,
Heaven will bring me sweeter rest.
Oh, 'tis not in grief to harm me
While Thy love is left to me;
Oh, 'twere not in joy to charm me
Were that joy unmixed with Thee.

today i called my sister because it's her birthday. happy birthday emily!



and this one, this precious creature, is staying with her this weekend:



and i got to hear her say MY NAME for the first time ever. over and over again. i can't even explain how good that was. and while i was talking to emily she found a picture of me in the room, pointed to it, and said my name.

she knows who i am!!

me, the mysterious aunt who lives in another state. that she only gets to see a couple times a year.

she knows my name. she knows my face.

what an excellent follow-up to yesterday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i got a tribute in your blog! sweet! haha and then kailey stole it away....nice.