Sunday, August 2, 2009

i like to pretend i'm a library.

do yourself a favor and read "the importance of being earnest" by oscar wilde. it's a 54 page play. from the 1800's. it's one of the funniest things i've ever read. it took only an hour out of my life. feel free to borrow my copy.

"…girls never marry the men they flirt with."

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple. Modern life would be very tedious if it were either, and modern literature a complete impossibility!"

"I have always been of opinion that a man who desires to get married should know either everything or nothing."

"Whatever influence I ever had over mamma, I lost at the age of three."

"No married man is ever attractive except to his wife."

"One should always eat muffins quite calmly. It is the only way to eat them."

"I hate to seem inquisitive, but would you kindly inform me who I am?"

2 comments:

Emily H said...

That is a funny play. Cameron thinks it's awesome. Haha. He introduced it to me a while back...this is what I get for marrying an English major. haha.

Unknown said...

is it bad that i only remember one of those quotes and i just read it a few months ago for school? haha.