Thursday, October 16, 2008

you should be jealous of me.

what an arrogant title.

i'm not joking!

but it's not really about me.

it's about my amazing family. you should wish that they could be your family, because they are the best family.

my grandpa just called me, and said:

"we just got your letter! you said you like to read books. i wanted to know...have you ever heard of the book 'how to win friends and influence people'? i have an extra copy, i can mail it to you!"

shut up!

it was SO HARD not to laugh. i wanted to hug him.

and i need a laugh, and a hug today.

we had a staff meeting at work. she said there is mandatory four hour training on november 15th that we all have to go to, no exceptions.

oh, by the way, a month or so ago i bought a plane ticket to visit my sister emily on november 14th-16th.

so during this meeting i won $50 in a game of "preschool bingo" and i didn't care. at all. all i could think was, "if she doesn't let me go, i will QUIT. i will walk out this door and never come back. i can't take this constant up and down, constant stress, constant anxiety.. anymore."

but that would be irresponsible. i would be angry about losing $380, but that's not as bad as being unemployed with no savings.

and then God interjected and said "hey, remember Moses? and Pharaoh? yeah, that guy was almost as bad as your boss, and I caused him to be 'favorably disposed' towards Moses, and...he let My people go."

i just paraphrased God. i'm sure my boss is nothing like an egyptian tyrant.

so i started praying, for the rest of the meeting. i went up to her after, and she said "we'll work it out. just don't tell anyone."

so i'll be praying for that for the next month. she...forgets things. she makes rash decisions in moments of panic. she's completely unreliable.

but God isn't! i have to remember that.

and if i lose $380, i'll have to deal with it. i'll be pissed. i already cried once. (and to quote myself from an e-mail i sent a friend earlier...i'm a big fan of suppressing emotion, so i DO NOT like crying, and i don't do it often...) my sister is graduating from baylor this year, so i wanted to visit her at college. anyway. money is nothing, that's my point. it's just money. it doesn't own me.

so that's thursday. while we're on the subject of thursday, weren't jim and pam so cute at the end of the episode tonight?

No comments: