Saturday, October 4, 2008

i am undecided.

i spent 6 or so hours at firestone today, getting the timing belt on my car replaced before it breaks and makes my car explode.

it was not awesome.

cnn was on in the waiting room, so i saw a few hours of election coverage. it wasn't awesome either.

i also had my grandpa's/father's copy of "how to win friends and influence people" with me. i don't think i'm learning what i'm supposed to be learning. this is what i have taken away from it so far:

"Catherine the Great refused to open letters that were not addressed to 'Her Imperial Majesty.'"

sounds like a great life philosophy to me!

"Life once wrecked all her dream ships on the sharp rocks of reality; but in the sunny, fantastic isles of insanity, all her barkentines race into port with canvas billowing and with winds singing through the masts."

"As a group, insane people are happier than you and I."

No comments: