Friday, June 12, 2009

not enough paragraphs.

bonnaroo.

why have i never been?

it's so close.

what is the matter with me? why have i been living as if music doesn't matter to me?

i just started looking at calendars for some nashville venues, to see if anyone neato is playing soon. i'm starved for entertainment. live music is my favorite music.

i don't want to be a person who works hard and is "too tired" to do what i love. i love live music.

i also looked at ben sollee's tour list. obviously. and it said he's playing bonnaroo. of course he's playing bonnaroo.

so i went to look at bonnaroo's lineup, just out of curiosity.

oh my gosh.

my soul hurts a little bit right now.

rodrigo y gabriela are there.

ben sollee is there.

snoop dogg is there...

?

so many good acts. and i'm not there. and it's so close.

and if i was the kind of person who made lists of things i want to do in my lifetime, a music festival would so be top 5.

why am i not there?!

what is the matter with me.

i'm going to go listen to my CDs now.

that's right. i listen to compact discs. and i'm not at bonnaroo.

listening to a CD instead of going to a show...

is like swimming in a baby pool instead of the ocean.

i just said that.

if it sounds incredibly brilliant, i have to admit i didn't form that analogy on my own. i have a reading list, and the person who has recommended over half of the books on it told me that reading "the brothers karamazov" is like swimming in the ocean after wading in pools your whole life.

can't wait to read that book.

No comments: