Monday, June 15, 2009

teacher's pet.

i know i'm not supposed to have a favorite kid in my class. and i don't.

my favorite is actually in someone else's class. she used to be in mine.

the only person in the whole world that is cuter and infinitely more amazing than her, is my niece.*

today when i left, i walked by the older kids' playground. i had the following conversation with my favorite. it's not that interesting, except for the fact that we couldn't see each other. i was at my car, and there were trees in our line of sight. i would have walked back to the fence, BUT...i would have been there for the rest of the day talking about the butterflies on her shirt, or the ribbons in her hair, or about how she likes to eat chicken wings with her dad. so we conversed through the trees.

susie: bye miss allison!
me: bye miss susie!
susie: where you going?
me: i'm going home**
susie: are you coming back?
me: i'll be back tomorrow!
susie: ok bye!
me: bye!!
susie: *yells something else as i close my car door*

*here's just a few (old) snapshots of the best person ever. she is as perfect as any sinner can be.







**i am kind of insane. this is a random story, but i have to clarify. for my own insanity's sake. when i was younger, my dad started going on business trips. so i'd pray for his safety. i'd say "God, please bring my dad home safely." and then suddently it hit me. "i just asked God to kill my dad. because God knows that heaven is our real home." ever since then, i've never referred to any place as "home." but today i had to say "home", because "i'm going to my apartment!" isn't as quick and easy to understand. but there are people reading this blog who know i'm insane, and i had to clarify, so they don't say anything like "WHOA, you said HOME..." i know, i know. i'm insane. plus after all these years of not using the word "home"...it feels so wrong. like when you're 10 and try out a cuss word for the first time.

No comments: