Friday, March 19, 2010

WRA

i was not planning on getting rid of any of my CDs during this move.

dozens of CDS from my middle school and high school years.

but at some point i decided it's silly to keep them. i never listen to them. i don't think this statement is going to make sense to anyone, but my feelings are trapped in them. one listen to any of those songs instantly takes me back to all the time spent listening to them, and i can remember exactly what i thought and felt. vividly. i can remember the hopes and dreams i used to have. the fears and insecurities. it's all tied up in the music, for me.

but i don't want to be a person who has a bunch of "stuff" sitting around. i do not need all of this stuff. i sorted through them. i am getting rid of half of my CDs. it. feels. weird.

let's move on to the funny.

when y'all find music from your past, there's probably not too much shame involved. i imagine you listened to michael jackson or something. that's cool, you know.

this, however, is not.





shiver.

let's erase that from your memory.

No comments: