Tuesday, March 23, 2010

F.

i'm behind schedule.

i was supposed to finish packing today, and organize my boxes and furniture to make moving easier. but then my foot fell off*. it makes things like taking the trash out...a lot harder. and moving things around.

i wanted to take a load of things to goodwill or salvation army, but i can't really carry anything. especially not down stairs. it's not even all boxed up yet, like it was supposed to be.

i was so excited to have all the piles ready. boxes here, shelves there, donations there. i like piles. i like organization.

it is so unfortunate that i'm due to register my new car at the same time i'm moving. the expiration date for my current registration is march 31st. i don't know if that matters, since i'm transferring it to a new car. i'm sure it does. but i had to wait until i moved, so i could have paperwork with my new address. i have to get my oil changed ($25 if i'm lucky) so i can get the emissions tested. i'm not even sure how much all of that is going to cost, since it's a new registration. and i'll have to transfer the title to me, and pay tax on it.

my norton subscription had to be renewed today. goodbye $60.

i say i'm overwhelmed, but that's not really true. i've been overwhelmed before. this ain't it. this is just annoyance. kinks in the plan. stuff to be ironed out. you know, whatever those phrases are.

*i got this major blister on the bottom of my foot after a couple miles when i walked on saturday, for the half-marathon training. i walked another 5 miles, because i'm stubborn. i think that because of how i compensated, i messed up my ankle. or heel. or both. because it hurts pretty bad when i walk. i have crutches now, though. i borrowed them from someone. crutches! can you believe that. i watched a youtube tutorial on how to use them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If your dad "gave" you the car... you should offer to pay him $1.00 for it... so you only have pay taxes on the dollar... and not the gift tax based on the value of the car (Blue Book). I did that with my last two cars that were given to me... it's a way to beat "the man"... ;)

Your dad just has to list that he sold it for a dollar on the title transfer...