Tuesday, September 8, 2009

dear google,

if i give anyone permission to defy the laws of the internet, it's you.

i keep forgetting that even when i freak out and wish to take back my emotional vomit blogs, people with google reader can still read them.

so last night i went to google reader to see how it could possibly add any value to my internet experience.

i'm so sorry for resenting or doubting you, google.

it's so much better to read the internet on google reader. so much better.

"displaying deleted information" is your one glaring flaw, but i'm over it.

glenn greenwald, minor tweaks, and my blog friends...all in one place? no going back and forth? no extra browsers opening up just to read them?

sold. do whatever the heck you want.

i know, google readers, it's kind of weird how i said "shit" twice yesterday, and now i'm saying "heck."

shrug.

in other news:

i had planned to walk into work and solve one of my problems with what i felt to be some pretty sound logic. my boss interrupted me about 10 words into the speech i had rehearsed, and it turns out...problem already solved. God didn't need my ability to think and reason through a problem. imagine that.

i love Jesus.

every day is a new chance to ask myself "do i really believe what i say i believe? when i have to deal with _____ at work, does the fact that He gave His life for me...matter more?"

remembering that He is enough...never gets old.

you know what else never gets old?

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
when sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
let this blest assurance control,
that Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
and hath shed his own blood for my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

And, Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
the clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
the trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
even so, it is well with my soul.

2 comments:

hootenannie said...

I am always so encouraged by your posts (which I read through Google Reader) - even when you say "shit." Maybe even especially when you say "shit." You are a good one, and I think we should have coffee sometime.

Yeah, like a date.

Ford said...

I've never used Google Reader, but I know of a Firefox extension called Helvetireader that makes it look really pretty. This is the link, which you'll have to copy and paste because my HTML juju is weak.
http://helvetireader.com/

I'm glad your problem got solved! Whatever it was. Also, good job on quoting one of my favorite hymns. Did you know the dude wrote that while on a boat in the approximate location of where his wife and child were drowned? He wrote a beautiful hymn instead of, you know, throwing himself overboard, or maybe trying to kill as many crewmembers as he could before throwing himself overboard.