Sunday, March 29, 2009

25 years in review

just a few highlights off the top of my head:

i'm told i was once found with a roach in my mouth at the age of one.

first crush: pre-school. steven o'bryant. red hair. need i say more?

first best friend: a girl named allison. we called each other "long lost sisters." which, upon reflection, makes little sense.

sweet valley twins and the baby-sitters club

a broken elbow and a hot pink cast. story: i learned how to ride my bike, but not very well because i fell off it and broke my elbow. better story: a kid in my first grade class was annoying me. i warned him. he didn't stop. i broke his finger with my cast.

roller skating birthday parties

won the class spelling bee in 4th grade

piano lessons. i took second place one year in a competition.

braces for nine months and 26 days

first cassette tape of my own: amy grant, my father's eyes.

dogs: skipper, daisy, scooby doo (was...that his name?), spot, toby, angel. (oh my gosh. could we be any more cliche with those names?)

salvation

church choir from age 3 to 18. i was president my senior year, holla.

youth group retreats

world changers

heartbreak, heartbreak, heartbreak

guitar lessons. i gave some too.

graduation. goodbyes.

belmont.

graduation.

game night. community.

goodbyes.

first "real" job: punch in the gut.

now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

allison! happy birthday! if i had known on monday, i would have brought balloons and a cake and a clown and a pony and a big big banner that said "yaaayyy!" on it.

hope you had an amazing birthday, regardless :)