Thursday, January 8, 2009

two.

i got some DVDs for Christmas and i've been watching them nonstop.

some quotes:

(at thanksgiving dinner)
luke: we should give thanks that we aren't native americans who had our land stolen in exchange for smallpox-infested blankets.

emily: we just bought a chair that's a hundred years old! you can't sit in it.
richard: it is one of the great pleasures of my life to surround you with things you'll never use. i'm never happier than when we're standing in the corner, staring at our furniture.

lorelai: i'm just saying, sometimes eating a walnut is preferred to being hacked to death or set on fire during dinner.

richard: i have yet to see the day when the knowledge of the inner workings of a frog's intestines is of use to me as an insurance salesman.

rory: do something to make me hate you!
lorelai: umm...go hitler?

lane: the very concept of childbirth is vaguely disturbing.
rory: yeah. kids are cool and all, but getting there seems like a big cosmic joke.
lane: definitely thought up by a man.
rory: my mom said that when she told me where babies come from.
lane: my mom still hasn't told me. when my cousin got pregnant, she said it's because an angel brushed its wings against her face.

i could go on and on.

and, oh yeah, that's gilmore girls.

i decided not to open with that fact, because skeptics (see: mostly boys) are turned off because the word "girls" is in the title. but, you laughed at those quotes. i know you did.

No comments: