Wednesday, January 21, 2009

how to make the most of a saturday.

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.


do you recognize that? tell me you do.

this past weekend while sitting in church, i was reminded of a goal/dream that i have for myself. one that i am going to fulfill on saturday.



i am going to watch the lord of the rings trilogy. all three. in a row. in one day. i have been wanting to do this for a really long time, but i never have.

they're my favorite movies, and some of my favorite books.

if you haven't read the books, you are missing so much.



i saw each movie 2 or 3 times in the theater. so once they were all out on dvd, i wasn't feeling up to watching them all in a row. but the past couple sundays in church...my pastor has made a passing reference to them. i know it's ridiculous that this is what i'm choosing to apply to my life.

i'm really excited about this. i would invite people to join me...but i know you'd all start whining after the first movie. i'm pretty serious about this. i'll take some bathroom breaks, and fix myself a meal in the middle of the day. and i have some activities planned for myself, so that i won't just be laying on a couch all day.

for example:

one time i went to borders, and took a look at the clearance section. and they had a book of lord of the rings puzzles on sale for $7. yes. i bought it. so i'm going to be working lord of the rings puzzles while watching lord of the rings.




i know. it sounds lazy. it sounds insane. but my weekdays are pretty terrible right now. i need some entertainment. i need some relaxation. i need to escape. to middle earth.

don't try and talk me out of it. i'll bite your finger off.

i wish i knew some elvish.





"Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie."

No comments: