Tuesday, September 30, 2008

times have changed.

a good portion of my day is usually spent trying to find shoes and socks. the kids in my class are going through a phase called "i am two years old" and they like to hide their shoes. and they do it so fast, and so secretly.

today one of them hid a shoe in the dollhouse.

it's a dollhouse that makes me feel stupid. especially after today.

for about a month now, i have not been able to open the dollhouse. there's a latch that you're supposed to undo. but even after i took care of the latch, it wouldn't open. they would bring me the dollhouse, begging me to open it. and i'd try, and try. and i couldn't do it. for at LEAST a month. unless the trauma of the situation has made me exaggerate time, and it's only been a couple days.

well today the little girl hid her shoe in it. i didn't know that. but they all did, somehow. when i said "ok, let's find her shoe!" and turned it into a game, a few of them went over to the dollhouse and pulled her shoe out.

AND...

opened the dollhouse.

i have no idea how. and i have no idea why we couldn't open it before.

these kids with their newfangled technological dollhouses.

when i was kid, we didn't have dollhouses. we had to imagine them.

that's not actually true.

1 comment:

Val and Steve said...

ha ha! the last two lines are my favorite!