Tuesday, September 16, 2008

i want red hair.

so, another bad day at work.

i was feeling pretty bad (due to my pride and the overall sense of hopelessness about the situation). and that got me thinking about feelings in general.

stay tuned. i'm not about to share a poem i wrote about rainy days and how cats love me more than humans do.

i decided to find a song that i love that goes with all my different emotions. well, not ALL. but eight of them.

this is my current "i'm confused" song. "the little things" by colbie caillat.



this is one of the songs i listen to when i'm feeling nostalgic. because they were/are my favorite band. (true fans never disown their favorite band!) i would like to be 17 again. it was my favorite year of life.

"supertones strike back" by the one and only, orange county supertones.



and if i'm feeling mellow, maybe a little ray lamontagne. anyone? here's "trouble." (i couldn't find a great video of this, but if that's all you're interested in, you're a disappointment to me.)



and here is one of my "i'm MAD" songs. "worlds apart" by jars of clay. they have a few songs i turn to during my low points. for me, madness and sadness kind of go hand in hand. and when i'm feeling either of those emotions, i feel them pretty intensely, and it is my preference to snap out of it. call it denial if you must. but i don't listen to music that fuels the anger/sadness.

some might say this is the best "contemporary christian" song ever written. if you completely ignore keith green's existence. i say top 5.

there wasn't a good video of this one either. but some kid put the lyrics on it (ohhhh, copyright infringement on all levels...it hurts me...good thing this is my mad/sad song), so you can sing along!



hey, let's be honest. sometimes i feel a little emo. here is "almost lover" by a fine frenzy.



if i find myself a little frustrated with humanity, what could be better than "i don't want to be" by gavin degraw? (actually, a lot of songs, but this one has been in my head lately...) (also, really weird to hear this without the full band...but the actual music video can't be embedded...and i fully support that decision).



i didn't forget to think about being "happy." this is "every new day" by five iron frenzy. (FIF to my 17 year old self...) i did a presentation on this song in college. the class was called "the musical experience." belmont is just like that. anyway, the professor was such a weirdo. mcleod. yeah. i'm naming names. i did the presentation, and he said something like "i'm surprised a Christian band would make a song with that tempo, since dancing was banned from the church!" and i had no idea how to respond. he's also the professor that made us have class on the snow day, even though it was formally cancelled by belmont. and i had never seen snow before, in my life. yeah. he was not awesome.



and if i have no discernable mood (see: feeling normal) i'll probably listen to "bohemian rhapsody" by queen. everyone else my age feels this song is played out. but that's because y'all were allowed to listen to it when you were younger. i discovered it when i was in college. long after my steven curtis chapman and avalon days were behind me.

i'll spend the next decade of my life catching up to the rest of you, musically.



this. was. fun.

for me.

No comments: