Friday, October 16, 2009

more conversations with 2 year olds.

today for snack we had chips and ranch dip. weird.

boy: it's hot!
me: no, it's not.
boy: hot.
me: it's quite cool. (internal dialogue: "i sound like gandalf!!")
boy: it's hot!
me: it really isn't.
boy: *leans in to investigate further, almost gets dip on his nose, looks back at me*
me: just eat your chips.
boy: it's hot.
me: ....

i had to wake up one little boy after nap time...

boy: (in a distressed tone) blocks, put blocks on shelf!
me: wow. thats your first thought? right now, you're totally my favorite. i'm not supposed to tell you that, but you are.

girl: whats this?
me: a car!
girl: what's this?
me: still a car.

and my new co-teacher made me laugh for real, for the first time ever. unintentionally. it wasn't polite or forced.

her: so, where do we go for a fire drill?
me: right outside the door, on the playground.
her: ok. and...where do we go if there's actually a fire?

because yeah, they kind of force us into a cage. right next to the burning building. the flames would surely consume us.

No comments: