Wednesday, October 28, 2009

i have a martin. it smells good.

only something fabulous would make me post twice in a day.

this is going to be hard to articulate.

i used to play guitar. used to. i spent many evenings trying to learn the songs of one christian artist that wrote songs so beautiful i didn't always understand them. and then she left. she disappeared from the scene. just...gone. no one knows why. she just stopped making music, and no one would talk about it.

it made me really, really sad. i'd check the internet every now and then to see if she was doing anything. but i never could find anything.

but apparently...

she's back. almost. releasing new music in 2010.

jennifer knapp!

i'm kind of scared. i don't listen to christian music anymore. some of it, yes. i like songs about Jesus. but most of it makes me cringe. (separate topic people, separate topic...)

but in my mind she's always been one of the good ones. i'm afraid she won't be anymore. you know, like brett favre. he should have retired as a packer like...10 years ago. i don't want her to be brett favre. i'm also afraid that maybe that she never was any good. i listened to some bad music in my youth. i don't want her to become one of the bad ones who just throw Jesus' name into a song and don't care that the music sounds like crap.

because she's my jennifer knapp.

like i said, hard to articulate. i think i've said it before but music, for me, is not just about...the music. it's connected to my emotions, and periods of time in my life.

and where was she? i have always figured it was some sad story. not an external tragedy, but an internal one.

due to her exodus/hiatus/whatever you want to call it...i couldn't find any of my favorite songs on youtube. but i found this one. i haven't listened to it in years, but i started singing along without even thinking about it. brains are neat.

No comments: