Tuesday, October 6, 2009

conversations with two year olds.

me: what is that a picture of?
girl: balloon! triangle!
me: i'm fairly certain it can't be both.

girl: *playing with toy people*
me: who is this person?
girl: mommy.
me: what about this one?
girl: daddy.
me: of course. but who is this?
girl: neighbor.

me: *playing with some toy food*
boy: i need that.
me: you...need this? what do you mean you need this? what urgent situation can only be remedied with this fake asparagus?
boy: i...need that.
me: you've convinced me. take it.

me: what color is your shirt?
girl: WHITE!!!
me: pink, actually. but i'm glad you're excited about it.

me: what are you playing with?
boy: drum!
me: oh, that's great! make some music!
boy: bang! bang! bang!
me: if you're using an actual drum, you don't really need to say..
boy: BANG! BANG! BANG!
me: ok.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

laughed out loud.

Deborah Barnett said...

You are the best two year old conversationalist ever.

Ever.