Wednesday, December 10, 2008

real life.

I see the young girl huddled on the brothel floor
I see the man with a passion come and kicking down the door


that's a couple lines from the sara groves song i mentioned a couple days ago.

she's speaking about an organization called
international justice mission. a team of lawyers actually travel to other countries, and free sex slaves based on that country's laws. they say it takes about $1,000 for the whole legal process.

the young girl in the song is a real girl, it's not just a nice lyric. they've saved actual people from that life. i can't even imagine what that must be like. to feel so hopeless, and so alone. so used, and so worthless. and then to have someone come in and say "you're free." how do you even process that?

and to think of all that Christ has done for me! i'm not a victim. there's no injustice in Him leaving me to pay for my own sinful choices. but He came with a passion to rescue me. some days i don't know how to process that.

anyway, check out IJM. give them your money.

1 comment:

Deborah Barnett said...

I love IJM... amazing organization. And I love Jesus... an amazing rescuer.