Friday, December 19, 2008

i like my bed.

today when the weather was SO GOOD, i looked out the window and wanted to take a nap in the grass.

in other news, i discovered something else about me that is weird.

i'm going to do something so strange tonight...

i wake up at 6am on weekdays. if i was ambitious in the morning, it would be even earlier. i hate the morning. i think 6am is really early. no matter how early i go to sleep, it still feels bad. after i do my whiney, groany "i don't want to get out of bed, i want to stay right here under the covers..." bit, i get over it and start the day. but i always think it would be really fun to go right back to sleep.

don't we all?

so i have a brilliant plan to enhance my enjoyment of sleep tonight. because really, who enjoys their sleep WHILE it's happening? no one. once you wake up, you either want to go back to sleep and can't...or you've slept really well, and feel really good...but OH WELL, you're already awake. you enjoy feeling rested, but you don't enjoy sleeping. because you're awake.

sleep is a hard thing to appreciate.

so tonight i am setting my alarm for 6am, just like every morning.

it's going to go off, annoy me, and make me whine. i'm going to wish i could go back to sleep.

and then i'll remember...

"you can. you CAN go back to sleep!!!"

and it's going to be so fun.

No comments: