Friday, April 23, 2010

33044

the half-marathon is tomorrow.

concerns:

- i don't know if i can do it. 11 miles is the farthest i've gone. it hurt. i had to stop for 2 weeks because of my "injury." which was the right decision. but it set me back. i did 6 miles after i came back, and my ankle hurt bad after 4-5 miles. when i did 11 miles the next weekend, it hurt after 9. so that shows improvement. but it's still an issue.

- i don't know if we can do it fast enough.

- i've been battling a throat thing all week. it was OK, but now it is not ok. now it hurts. and i don't want to wake up feeling weak in other places. like my lungs. or my legs.

- the weather. if they don't let the walkers finish i will be inconsolable. just don't even talk to me.

- we are in the last corral. that wouldn't bother me at all if we weren't trying to outwalk a tornado.

- to eat gel or not to eat gel. there is no consensus.

but i am incredibly excited.

i am ready for my stroll across this city that i love.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck, Allie!!!!! Randomly, the little security word I have to type for this to be posted is "porra" which is means "a cheer" in Spanish. Thought that seemed appropriate.

hootenannie said...

You? Are going to rock it. You are going to GET THIS. You can do it, you can do it, you can do it - and I can't wait to hear about it after you do!!

theBobcatBite said...

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! also, the security word i had to type means, "to kick race ass," so i'm pretty sure that should be encouraging as well.