Friday, February 5, 2010

6 miles.

i got my new car today. a 1996 toyota camry.

i thought it had 175,000 miles, but it actually has 156,000 miles.

WIN!

it has just enough quirks/problems to make me feel comfortable.

there's a crack in the windshield.

the "D" for "Drive" does not light up.

the light that tells me the tail lights are out will never go off.

it is really sensitive. tapping the gas makes it GOOOOOO. turning the wheel slightly makes it TURN. tapping the brakes makes it

STOP.

that's actually kind of scary. but i'll get used to it. it's nice that i don't have to push the pedal to the floor to get even a little bit of motion.

i think i saw cupholders, so that's an upgrade. power locks that i don't quite understand how to operate yet. or maybe they're broken too.

i'll TAKE IT!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my first car was a camry! the gas and brakes were exactly as you described. I grew to love them being that way though. Oh, and it had a power button...which I loved.