Friday, May 8, 2009

flashback...

today is the last day of teacher appreciation week. but today was the best day.

i got FLOWERS.



two cute little bouquets, and eight individual roses.

i don't know if you can tell, but that's two separate vases.

i love flowers.

i buy them for myself sometimes. getting them is also fun.

and as i took that picture, i thought to myself "this is the best corner of my apartment." a bookcase. cool candle holders. two flower vases full of fresh flowers. pictures of my niece when she was a mere two weeks old.

it looks good.

anyway.

the flowers reminded me of something.

belmont has a rose garden. for some reason i called it the "rose bush" but it's more than just a bush. there used to be a couple benches in the middle of it. every time i passed it, i would stop and smell one. because i can be cheesy. and because flowers are awesome. but i'd also stop and sit on the benches sometimes. and there was this one semester where i'd sit on those benches, and for one 15 minute period a day...my 10 or so closest friends would pass that rose bush, and join me. it is one of my favorite college memories. and it's the kind of memory that makes me nostalgic in a sad way. i miss them. i miss those times.

but i'm not sad. i'm just saying. those were some good times.

a happy thought:

we have a music and dance time at school. obviously. they need to shake their sillies out. this one girl was hopping around and her shoes were untied. i stopped her so i could tie them. she was kind enough to keep her feet still, but she couldn't contain herself. the rest of her body continued to bop and sway to the music. it was one of the cutest things i've ever seen. i couldn't help but laugh.

that's the best kind of laughter.

i'm going to go smell my flowers and stare at my awesome corner.

No comments: