Thursday, June 10, 2010

train of thought

this will be scattered. just a warning.

i just a had a revelation.

this has been a weeeeeeiiiiird week. not in content, just in feeling. i was just feeling weird about some things. and down. sad. melancholy. frustrated.

something flipped inside me today, and i'm back to normal.

i posted as my facebook status that i'm out of my funk, and someone asked how i got out of it.

i really thought that my trusty "rational thoughts" got me out of it. and prayer. i knew prayer had to have played a part.

but then i thought more, and realized...

my rational thoughts put me into a funk!

they have never failed me like this before. i think i've only ever used them to get OUT of funks, so that's why they worked well. but this week they really created the problems in my heart. my mind is boggled. realizing that i should have trusted my FEELINGS...WHAT???...is really throwing me for a loop right now.

really, i should have just trusted Christ with my feelings.

but that brings me to my fabulous weekend plans:

grocery shop at whole foods or trader joe's. haven't made up my mind yet.

go RUNNING. which, by the way, is going fabulously. i'll share more details some other time. but i have a recruit now. i'm going to whip her into shape. beat her into submission. because i'm an entire 2 weeks ahead of her...

maybe visit the downtown library. wait, no. country music fans everywhere. ugh.

clean.

organize.

read. i finished a great book. i'm continuing another one.

maybe tune my guitar.

i had a flat tire last week! this is only exciting because the person who helped me change it taught me how to do it myself. i keep wanting a friend to call me, stranded, begging for help.

that reminds me of things that i don't understand.

i don't understand why anyone would drive under the speed limit.

i don't understand certain kinds of unorganization. like if you're making something for a group of specific people, why wouldn't you count or have a list of names with you while you do it?

i don't understand why a person would rip masking tape with their teeth. i understand if it's packing tape. something tough. and no scissors are around. but masking tape?

i can be pretty...critical...

it's my main incentive to never be drunk. i'm pretty sure i'd just be yelling at everyone i know.

3 comments:

CP said...

i'll call you if i get a flat. technically, i'm supposed to know how to change one- a prereq for my car at 16.

and, what's the next good book? i need one.

Anonymous said...

i nearly run over people and sometimes honk at people for driving below the speed limit. because its almost offensive to me that people like that are allowed to drive. that sounds rude. but its true.

emily

Anonymous said...

I get angry at slow drivers until I pull up next to them and find out they're elderly. Then I feel guilty for being mad at old people.

It's a vicious cycle.

ps...
my word verification below is "hatie". I'm not sure why I find that funny, but I do.