Sunday, December 27, 2009

the mundane.

- trip over. i'm back.

- i hate continental express jets. they make me feel sick. they're really hot. and my ears hurt every time i fly on them. it takes an hour or so for me to hear well again. and the woman next to me threw up. so no, it's not just me.

- i had to park in long-term parking. when i took the shuttle back to my spot, a mom by herself with her 2 year old got on. with two huge bags of luggage. i helped her with them, and felt like...a gentleman. not one man offered to help her! that would not happen in texas. i helped her. it's not that i think it's the men who have to do it, it's just that they always do in texas. without hesitation. the Christian guys here do, usually. but in texas...they all do.

- my vague new year's resolution is that i am not putting any of my cards on the table.

- my public new year's resolution is that i will continue seeking good news sources. i have been reading glenn greenwald on salon.com, and it's been so great. he is not perfect, but he finds things to praise and criticize about "both sides" in politics. and since i'm a "no side" kind of a person, i find that refreshing. but i need more than one source. everyone does.

- monday. sigh.

No comments: