Wednesday, July 1, 2009

the war in iraq

thoughts.

1) last night on the news, i saw a story about how some common medications are bad for us. i was so sad to see nyquil and excedrin migraine on the list. they make me feel so good. BUT...my dad's a pharmacist. so i've grown up taking only the recommended dose of everything, and i always call him if i'm not sure what kinds of drugs can be mixed. so i'm not worried about that. i'm just hoping this doesn't get so bad that they actually make those prescription drugs. it will be the end of me as you know me.

2) i've never really watched the evening news before. the national version at 5:30. uhhh...why do they all have the same stories? every network has the same stories. and they take their commercial breaks at the same time. i feel like there's more to say in the world.

3) i've had a new co-teacher for a month or so now. she's nice, but it's kind of painful to watch her adjust to this job. she is currently in the "i can't believe this! this is so ridiculous! why doesn't anyone do something about this? i can't handle this! this is not the way a business should be run!" phase. up next is the "i'm so numb from the stress. i don't even care if you fire me. just do it. i dare you. fire me." phase. i think i'm in the "i've lost my mind. hey look at that kid spin in circles for 10 minutes straight. that's so funny." phase.

4)live music tonight. the best kind of music. my favorite kind of music. i would care that it's a school night, but tomorrow is the last day of my workweek. so i don't care. i'll be a zombie. a zombie who is expected to do the hokey pokey.

5) back to the news. the morning news. on abc. i love it. they tell funny jokes. but this morning they connected with me in a personal way. they said "it's wednesday. but it's kind of thursday, because tomorrow is kind of friday!" and that's exactly how my brain works.

No comments: