Sunday, August 14, 2011

be warned.

sometimes i feel like i'm the only person who is aware that there are, wait for it...

other people in the world.

i'm the only one to stop dead in my tracks at the grocery store (or jump out of the way, swerve dangerously, etc) because of people barreling forward without a clue that they're about to run into someone. or they just expect everyone else to move?

and on the road it's even worse. people need into my lane, but expect me to adjust MY speed, so i slam on the brakes to make room for them.

or turn left in front of me on a road i'm already driving on. if i have to slow down for you to turn left, there wasn't enough time for you to turn left...and you should have waited. but you can't see me. i'm invisible. there are no other people in the world.

well i've made a decision.

when i'm old and i have lived a long, happy life...

i'm not getting out of the way.

you can crash into me at the grocery store. your eggs will fall the ground and break. your baby will cry.

and on my way home, i'm not getting out of your way on the road either. we'll collide. and i'll die. and you'll learn your lesson, because...

you just killed an old lady.

No comments: