Monday, July 19, 2010

i'm the chief.

snippets.

- i should be sleeping. my bedtime has angered me lately, so i've been ignoring it.

- something you have no way of knowing about me: i have to drink a little bit of cold water before i go to bed every day. it has to be cold. if i've forgotten to put some in the fridge, then i'll stay up an extra 20 minutes while i wait for some to get cold in the freezer. i don't even know why.

- i just finished reading "till we have faces" by c.s. lewis. he's my favorite author. this was not my favorite book. but i can't label it my least favorite either, because nothing he writes could be labeled "least." i can't do it. maybe i'll share quotes on another day. this is snippet day.

- my dinner this week is really awesome. salad: spinach leaves, chicken, dried cranberries. on the side: okra. lots and lots and lots of okra. i can eat it like candy. not fried, mind you. sauteed in a little olive oil, and sprinkled with salt and pepper. dessert after exercise: vanilla yogurt, strawberries, raspberries, and a few dark chocolate chunks. i want it to be 6pm tomorrow, so i can have some more.

- i'm composing a "memory tribute" thing for my grandparents' 70th anniversary memory book. it will have you weeping.

- i want to eat some more okra.

- i tried to make a powerade slushie today. it didn't go well. that's all i'm going to say.

- i started a new project called "photo of the day." i have an album on facebook. check it out. i'm taking a picture of something every day. i'm aiming to do it for a year. but that could be really hard. there's only so many pictures i can take of okra.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so looking forward to weeping hahaha


emily

theBobcatBite said...

i remember your cold water drinking habits from the commons! it led to my extolling the virtues of room-temperature tap water, which always made you throw up a litte.