Friday, January 1, 2010

i retell jokes.

my status on facebook and gmail has said:

2010. there's something about that number that makes it seem like my car should fly, and my coworkers should be robots.

it sounds like "the future." do you know what i mean?

but it's the present, and it's not entirely unremarkable.

our cars don't fly, but if you're an iphone person, your phone does a bunch of crap it doesn't need to simply because it can. so that's something, i guess. also, there's the internet. and rockets that explode less.

my 2009 highlights:

- visiting my best friend in D.C.!!!



it was a relaxing week. i took vacation a couple weeks after the big evaluation at work. and i got to see a place i've never seen, which is one of my favorite things to do.

- the 4th of july. it was magical. it's not my favorite holiday or anything, it was just a series of neat moments. watching fireworks in the rain in the middle of nashville. stuff like that.

- my niece knows my name now. and i just found out i'm getting another one.



it's a girl! you see two heads too, right?

- read 30 books. i'm still beating that drum.

- lived with less desire to control my life, and more gratefulness that i don't have to.

1 comment:

theBobcatBite said...

i vote for #1!!! so fun!!!

and your book count is so impressive. i'll help you beat that drum.