Thursday, April 21, 2011

post-concert.

i got to the show 40 minutes early because i left straight from work and didn’t have time to drive to my apartment and the doors weren’t open yet but there were two old ladies waiting with me and we talked about how excited we were and they finally let us in and this young guy next to me wanted to get a coke from the bar but they wouldn’t let him without an ID which i thought was funny and then 30 minutes later the show finally started and there was someone standing directly in front of me and i’ve been waiting 2 years and 5 months to see ben sollee so i picked up my chair and sat down in front of the person who had been standing directly in front of me and ben sollee smiled and played songs i can’t describe and songs i’ve never heard and there’s one called “hurting” that i really want to buy as soon as it releases and later the other artist casey driesson came out and he had a tail which is hard to explain but when the two of them played songs together another guy next to me started cussing it was so unbelievable i guess sometimes there just aren’t words and casey’s bass player is female and she’s the first female bass player i’ve ever liked because she didn’t dress or act like a man she wore a shirt with flowers and smiled a lot and was better than any bass player i think i’ve ever heard except for tony terusa but she didn’t have anything to prove and she still proved it and casey driesson played billie jean on his fiddle without words i don’t know why but it worked and i got a video of a song they played together so now i have my very own ben sollee video and i can’t get the music out of my head which is just fine with me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that was one long sentence. I guess you liked it?

theBobcatBite said...

you just james joyce-ed that puppy.

also. the guy playing the violin looked like Tobias from Arrested Development. i know that's probably the last person on earth he looked like in real life, but his video-self is Tobias for sure.

that song was SO GOOD!