Tuesday, October 19, 2010

he's only 56.

my dad's pocket calls me a lot. (A is for Allison!). he has an iphone. don't ask me how that happens. this time he decided we should have an actual conversation.

dad: what are you up to? doing anything fun lately?
me: i'm going camping this weekend.
dad: didn't you already do that?
me: yeah. in july. we're going again.
dad: isn't that where you hurt your ankle?
me: my knee. yeah.
dad: well. i'm sure you'll be more careful.
me: you betcha.
dad: where are you going?
me: this place, about an hour south of here.
dad: what's it called?
me: old stone fort.
dad: huh?
me: old stone fort.
dad: old down fort?
me: old STONE fort.
dad: i don't understand. spell it.
me: s. t. o. n. e.
dad: old spoon fort?
me: STONE. S. T. O. N. E.
dad: old stone fort?
me: thats it!!
dad: that's a weird name.
me: you're right. it is.
dad: it's going to be cold.

the miscommunication was probably made worse by my uncontrolled laughter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahah i love dad. oh my gosh.

emily

Mary said...

I too have to spell things out for my mom all the time! Most of the time I try to get out of it by saying nevermind but then she always prods me along...